Monday, September 9, 2013

Maglite Wrap #6: 3 Bight Turk's Head

Here is another MAGLITE wrap, this time for my Opa. This particular model is an Incandescent 4-Cell MAGLITE. The wrap, a three bight Turk's Head, consists of nineteen leads with four passes, each of a different color. I measured, cut, and gutted roughly ten feet for each color of nylon 550 paracord. The colors from left to right are grey, pewter, burgundy, and black.
When I wrap a weave, oftentimes the first time is not the last time I will wrap the initial color. This especially pertains to when I am weaving around an object I have never wrapped before. Whenever the diameter of the object you are wrapping is different from what you might be used to, it is always helpful to experiment a little with the first pass before getting locked into a weave. Experiment with the spacing of the cord, the number of leads, even the number of bights in order to create a weave that is perfect for whatever it is you are wrapping. The bottom line is: don't feel bad if you find yourself wrapping and rewrapping the initial color. I've found that each project I get into always seems in some form or another, different from the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment