Sunday, June 16, 2013

Maglite Wrap #1: 4 Bight Turk's Head

Here is a wrap on an Incandescent 2-Cell MAGLITE. This is the first of several MAGLITE wraps that I've woven. They are a great size for paracord wraps and are just outstanding flashlights. This particular flashlight is one of the older models. The incandescent bulb has since been rather trumped by the LED flashlights whose undying bulbs and lumen outputs are hard to match. Despite the milage seen by this flashlight over the years, it still works great and has taken up residence under the seat of the pick-up truck, ready for any roadside use and assistance.

The weave around the handle is a four bight, thirteen lead Turk's Head Knot with two passes. I used some left-over red polypropylene cord on this wrap. As per usual with my wraps, it is gutted cord for a flatter and tighter weave. Typically I would have made the weave a little longer adding more leads, but because it was left-over cord my length was limited. The truth is I will probably re-wrap this one with some 550 paracord. That is, after I've wrapped all the other flashlights laying around the house.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello.... I am a Maglite dealer and own several online stores where I would like to offer some of these items to our customers. Can someone please contact me about making these for us? Thank you. Randy 847-417-2953

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you very much for your interest! I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. This comment got caught in the spam for some reason. I tried contacting you through the number you provided, but was unsuccessful and couldn't leave a message because the inbox had not been set up. If you are still interested in some more information about my paracord wraps, please feel free to send me an email and we can get a conversation going. Thanks!

      Delete