Thursday, June 20, 2013

Maglite Wrap #2: 3 Bight Turk's Head

Although this was technically my second MAGLITE wrap, I feel it was the first of the more professional looking weaves that I've done. This three bight, nineteen lead Turk's Head Knot contains three passes each with a different color. I received this LED 3-Cell MAGLITE from my dad on my last birthday.

I use a long jumbo Perma-Lok lacing needle from the Tandy Leather Factory to help with the weaving process. If you're interested in making paracord wraps for projects like these flashlight weaves, you definitely need one of these lacing needles. It will save you much time and frustration. Just twist your paracord into the sharp threads just inside the end of the needle. The tension the threads provide is plenty to keep the paracord from coming loose.


I chose an urban camo color scheme for this weave using black, gray, and white 550 paracord. I used ten feet of each color and as usual gutted the core for a flatter weave. I purchase my paracord from Supply Captain. They offer a great selection of quality paracord at some of the most affordable prices on the web.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a beginner. Attempting to do this for my grandsons. Using red, black and white. Pray your instructions will be easy to follow. Thanks. Am covering the top of a walking stick.

    ReplyDelete